Monday, October 19, 2009

The return of the milkman

A man with a Scottish (?) accent rang our doorbell a few weeks ago, and introduced himself as the new milkman in the area. He took me quite by surprise, because I didn't think milkmen still existed.

Apparently, a company called Aussie Farmers Direct were offering regular delivery services of milk, bread, butter and the like to our area. It all sounded pretty exciting, so I ordered a few things.

It was only after I gave Mr Milkman my credit card details that I realised this could all be a scam. The fact that they had a website made me feel slightly more secure, but I decided to monitor my credit card transactions just in case. Luckily, no shady transactions has appeared on my statement.

And today, I received a confirmation email re my first order, due next Monday. They have a really convenient online change-your-order system. It seems to be a genuine service after all.

Now I just have to wait for my first delivery to come through!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see some potentially contractually taxing issues arising from this!

Nick