Sunday, October 4, 2009

Dramaroll: "The Greatness of a Hero"

Having run out of new drama episodes for the midsem break, I decided to dig out the dramas I had put aside earlier in the year.

My search led me to warehoused drama <<盛世仁傑>>, which I had given up on after several episodes. However, a few people have recommended it to me, and so I thought I might give it a second chance.

It didn't disappoint (aside from the fact that it only relieved my boredom for two days). The most interesting thing was the chemistry between Kent Cheng and Sonija Kwok. From a purely physical perspective, I could never have imagined Kent to be an appropriate match for the most beautiful Miss Hong Kong (in my opinion, of course).

Here be Sonjia:


And here be Kent:


Yet despite the physical incompatibility and the age gap, their characters 狄仁傑 and 曹月 were by far the most convincing and touching couple of the entire series.

I love it when something non-generic springs from TVB.

No comments: