Friday, January 15, 2010

Going away

About to travel overseas for the first time in three or four years, I have mixed feelings towards my upcoming trip. When I was younger, I had always yearned to travel back to Hong Kong, and given that, I'm definitely not looking forward to going there as much as I should be.



I used to look forward to the street food and the milk tea and the wonton noodle soup. Not, not so much. I used to look forward to seeing my cousins. Now, most of them have moved away from Hong Kong.



Perhaps it's the sloth in me, unwilling to travel far from home. Perhaps it's the fear of the unfamiliar.

But, I seem to recall that stepping outside my comfort bubble was my new year's resolution. Seeing as it's only half a month into the new year, I should keep that in mind, and brave what comes.

No comments: