Friday, January 1, 2010

2010



So begins a new year and a new decade. The noughties have flown past -- the fear of the Y2K bug still lives fresh in my memory.

This past decade will probably be the most influential one in my entire lifetime. I spent them whilst being between the ages of 11 and 20. I grew from a child to an adult, and learned many lessons along the way.

No doubt the 2000s will play a big role in shaping the person that I am and will be. But it won't be the only decade. Hopefully, I'll continue to develop and improve in the 2010s, the 2020s and beyond.

As for my new year's resolution, I don't usually have one, but perhaps it would be good to come up with at least a rough idea. For 2010, I resolve to muster the courage to try new things and to, when appropriate, step outside my comfort bubble. Yes, it's vague, but it's a start!

No comments: