Saturday, September 5, 2009

In the eye of the beholder

Perhaps I have weird taste. I've often been told that the guys I deem good-looking aren't actually all that crash hot.

It seems, though, that my unique standards apply to judging girls too. There are many whom the male population seems to fawn over, yet I find them to be nothing special. Like, I don't find them ugly, but not worthy going all gaga over.

So I suppose I can take that as solace that I'm batting for the right team, but what about comparing my tastes to other girls?

Let's take an example. Loretta Chow, second runner up to Miss HK pageant 2007.


When I first caught sight of her picture (I do believe it was this exact one), I thought she was the epitome of beauty. The absolute definition. If I were to get plastic surgery the next day, I would give the surgeon this photo.

She did get 3rd place in the pageant, so my views aren't entirely unjustified. But those who I have showed the photo were quite ready to dismiss her looks, as "nothing special".

So am I weird?

No comments: