Friday, February 12, 2010

He suits me, he suits me not

Over the summer, I started to realise that people can choose their potentials, and hence partners, in two main methods. Some would first sort out those who are suitable, and then pick the one he/she likes best, while others would choose the most suitable out of the ones he/she likes.

Unfortunately, and quite inconveniently, 'like' and 'suitable' often don't coincide. She might want to try him out for the yearned-for teenage puppy love relationship he can offer. He may simply be interested in her because her aspiration for the future aligns with his.

Mr. Wrong might be absolutely charming, but not someone you'd be serious with. Yet while Mr. Right checks all the boxes, it somehow just doesn't click.

I suppose the method you adopt depends on whether your rational side or your emotional side is stronger. My rationality often struggles to keep up with my emotions. I'm not too sure I like that.

No comments: