Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Addicted

A drug that grips my entire being.

It comes,
Lifts me to the upper echelons of thrill and excitement,
Euphoric and blissfully satisfying.

With it, I forget the world - its troubles, its sorrows, its woes.

But then it goes,
Plunging me into a pool of deep emptiness,
My mind blank, my heart confused,
My insides hollowed out.

Up, then down again.
Up, then down deeper still.

Each time eats further and further into my soul,
Deeper and deeper,
Saps away my strength, my will, my rationality,
Steals away a greater piece of me.

Yet time after time, I yearn for that heavenly sensation.
I reach out for its touch,
Its gentle caress on my frail emotions, knowing well the inevitable hurt which follows.

Pain and pleasure, joy then gloom.

Is it worth it?

No comments: