Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The changing seasons

Spring was the beginning of life. The sound of chirping birds and the faint aroma of flora lifted my spirtis. The shy sun peeped over the clouds, its warmth inspiring within me hope.

Summer came. The heat was not blistering; rather, I was gradually accustomed to its intensity. It was a comfortable feeling, to be able to open up to the surroundings and bask in the smell of sunshine. The flowers were in full bloom, standing proudly and showing off their beauty to all who paid attention.

The dreamy side in me began to imagine that this would last forever.


I was too deeply engrossed to notice Autumn creep into the scene. The telltale signs - crisp leaves falling, the dry air, the sun holding back its generosity - I either missed or ignored. I tried to carry on my old ways in oblivion, only to be punished by the unforgiving elements.

And now Winter is here. Cold, dark, unwelcome Winter. The flowers are gone, the birds are in hiding. It was no use escaping anymore. There was no choice but to acknowledge the inevitable change. It was time to accept that things are different. So I seek the comfort of the familiar and once again learn to protect myself.

And await the next Spring.

1 comment:

aaronnikolas said...

Hi. I am astonished with this art piece and I thought it would be perfect to use on an informational website I am designing for a restaurant. I will credit you in the credits section of the page, and I will not sell, modify or claim the artwork as my own by no means. If you would like to respond to my query, please email me at aaronnikolas@gmail.com. Thank you for your time, and regardless of your answer, keep up the great work.

Do what you love and you will love your life.

Cheers,
Aaron