Monday, March 29, 2010

Dreaded silence

I have always been frustrated by my lack of self-control when studying. Even when I do manage to open my book and concentrate on the pages, I can't help but to have something playing in the background, whether it be music or video, especially when I am alone.

Needless to say, it is distracting. I try to refrain, but I can never last long before I press the "Play" button.

Lately, I think I have found the root of my problem. I dread silence. I cannot stand it when it is deathly quiet. When there is someone else around to make a bit of noise, I'm alright. But when I'm the only one around, I have to to make my own.

Finally, I have worked out why I can't stay in a library for long. Unfotunately, knowing this bit about myself doesn't help me much at all.

No comments: